If you’ve read my main blog, you know that I’m turning 40 on Tuesday, and I had a lovely party last night. It didn’t include any atv riding, but there was yummy food, good cake, excellent company, and copious amounts of Mike’s Peach Margarita.
As is usual for me, books were in evidence…specifically four new additions to my TO BE READ stack.
- A Guide to Quality, Taste & Style, by Tim Gunn with Kate Moloney
- The One Hundred: a Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own, by Nina Garcia
- The Little Black Book of Style, by Nina Garcia
- Kiss My Tiara: How to Rule the World as a SmartMouth Goddess, by Susan Jane Gilman
- The Wedding Gift, by Kathleen McKenna
The first three have been on my WANT list for a while, and are part of a project some friends and I are working on, the ‘Tiara’ book was on my wishlist of birthday inspirations, and the last is a new book by a woman who contacted me via this blog. She seems like a great person, the premise of her book seems right up my alley, and I’m looking forward both to reading it, and to getting to know her better – but all of these books made me grin, or laugh, or inspired me…
Isn’t reading just GRAND?